Saturday, August 11, 2007

We HATE Spiders


Hate is such a strong word but there really is no other way to describe how we feel about our little 8 legged friends. Living in a basement apartment has really helped us get to know these clever little arachnids more then we could have ever dreamed ( or nightmared). While brushing my teeth the other night I looked in the window well (things only basement apartment dwellers really understand) and there he was. A bird, a plane, no a spider the size of plane. To my horror there was the largest spider I had ever seen staring at me with everyone of his little beaty eyes. Scott of course heard my cries for help and quickly armed himself with: long sleeve shirt and boots, hairspray and a lighter, t.p. and an airsoft gun. This spider was too clever/large for simple death by t.p. and considering his location in the window well, lighting him on fire seemed like a bad idea. Verdict- death by airsoft. RIP big fella, but I must warn his hopefully smaller comrades: my husband is armed!
**The spider photographed above I'm sure is a smaller relative of my spider Peeping Tom, but at least he is smart enough to stay outside.

No comments: