Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Tuesday

I am finding some days are easier than others to love being pregnant. I am in love with this little baby that's on the way and am getting so excited to meet him, but I am finding it harder and harder to embrace loving my changing body! What happened to my waist line? Why do my already large hips feel like they have doubled in size over night? Why do I grunt when I bend over and try to wear shoes I don't have to tie!!

Over all the pregnancy has been great and I appreciate a supportive husband who thinks me and all of the extra me is just "more to love". Having no morning sickness or true tiredness early in my pregnancy gave me hope that maybe I would be one of those cute "petite" preggo ladies. Haha who was I kidding? (PS the whole bag of marshmallows I ate last week I am sure don't help!)

So, now that I have officially vented why I am having a hard time adjusting to the new even more shapely me, let me tell you what I love about being pregnant:

*Despite the occasional stares of people who I swear have never seen someone pregnant, most people have been way extra nice! From nicer people at the airport, more doors opened, and I swear I got more frozen yogurt in my cup than a normal serving!

* I love feeling the baby kick, I feel like we have bonded all ready! Sometimes I treat him like a little magic 8 ball... "Kick if I should buy this shirt.." "Hold still if you think we should wait until tomorrow to clean the house.." It's been great

*It means there is a baby on the way and I can't wait!

So, Happy Tuesday to all. Can't wait for family to visit this weekend. Still not sure what to do with this whole "July 24th" holiday here in this state. We are having a BBQ but not being a native here I feel like we aren't doing it right, like I should be donning a pioneer skirt while cooking that day or something.

Anyways, I have bronchitis right now, so I should probably get me and my "as safe as a preggo lady can be" medicated LITTLE *haha self back to bed.

Peace

13 comments:

Becca said...

LOVE the part about the 8 ball. Thanks for sharing!

ssh said...

I think you look darn cute!

Steven and Miranda said...

I think you look great! When I first opened your blog the first words that came out of my mouth was, "Oh, how cute!"

Guerrero Family said...

you are one of the CUTEST pregnant people I've seen! love you and wish i could have been at your shower.

Kristie K. said...

love the 8 ball idea! And maybe i should pad my shirt next time i go and get ice cream.

I think you look adorable. seriously.

Julie Avery said...

happy wednesday. i love to hear your baby talk...i'm so happy for you! You look GREAT!

Tim and Sara said...

I think you look super cute as well but I feel your pain. And I think I have those same capris. Is the brand American Rag or something?? I have to admit though that I kind of love the elastic waistband lifestyle...

Dave and Loralee said...

I think you're expected to at LEAST wear a bonnet on the 24th. Al and Kris should have one lying around...
love the 8 ball-that's hilarious...I'm trying that one next time!

Laura and Joseph said...

You are hilarious. I love the baby 8 ball thing. And I have to say, I think you are totally cute pregnant. :)

Our Little Family said...

I love hearing your thoughts on pregnancy because I am sure that all pregnant ladies feel the same way! You look great! I should have thought about the 8 ball thing because I am so indecisive.

sherryandbryon said...

Are you kidding me?!? You are just about the cutest little pregnant thing ever! I love that picture of you... you look amazing! Glad you're enjoying most of the pregnancy! :)

noelle regina said...

you are cute when you're preggers! this is a good look for you :)

Neener Newt said...

hey kristine, i found your blog from julies... congrats on the pregnancy, that's so exciting!! hope all is well :)