Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Obsessed

I don't know what it is about this little chile but I I have obsessed lately with them. Chipotle Chili's that is. I buy the can of chipotle chili's in adobe sauce, whip them into a smokey firery frenzy in the food processor and have decided they are good on just about everything! I have made a chipotle cream sauce to add to burritos and quesadillas (yummmm) and today I made chipotle hummus. I can't wait for this one, its sitting in my fridge next to the avocado hummus and pita chips that will be waiting for me when I get home tonight. There is something about the smokey-ness that is just mouth watering and while they are hot, they are not too hot but it has the perfect amount of afterburn. I sound like such a nerd but I am kind of a foodie.

In other exciting news, Oscar Party this Sunday! I can't wait and I am going to attempt to make these:


I tried to make a cookie cutter that was this shape (Thank you frosty the snowman cookie cutter that so willingly gave his life to this project) and it came out horrible. I guess it was cause I tried to use my fingers to bend it. Great hubby came home and used pliers and it came out great. I will post a picture of them on the blog but I am sure they will not look look nearly as good as the ones above. Oh well!

3 comments:

JKThomas said...

You will have to let me know how the Oscar cookies turn out because I am making the same ones as Prom refreshments. Please let them be easy! Hope everything is wonderful and you have an adorable baby!

Tim and Sara said...

We have some great Chipotle crockpot recipes if you want...we are fans as well!

Unknown said...

Can I come over for dinner? Snacks? Anything? You make things sound soooo good!