Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lions & Tigers & Bears, Oh My!!


Marty didn't know what he was getting himself into when he came to join our family! I love newborn photo shoots and now I have my very own newborn to play with any time I want! I consider us even for all the ultrasound pictures where this little guy wouldn't let us see his face.

I have loved being a mom more than I could have imagined! I am still in shock that this little guy is mine and that 2 weeks ago he was still in my belly! Scott and I are still getting used to the idea that sleep is a thing of the past but I wouldn't trade this experience of motherhood for anything. I am loving cuddling with him and letting him squish up in a little ball on my chest. It makes me sad to think he won't be this small forever but excited for what the future brings.

Sorry for rambling on. My brain only thinks in 3 hour shifts now. No longer am I aware of what day it is but rather, if I fed him at this time when am I "needed" again...
I have one hour until I expect to hear his grunts. I am off to nap

11 comments:

Aria said...

Oh that turned out SOO cute! What a little doll! That was so fun with you guys yesterday!

Starla Holder said...

Adorable! I love that hat.

Shaunna said...

I love that picture, you are such an awesome photographer. Everytime someone comes in my home they ask who took the wonderful pictures on my wall. Cant wait to have you do some more for us in the future. Enjoy these moments while he is young, it goes by so fast and before you know it, you will have another one. Love ya

Ash said...

YEAh! SO stinking cute. I've been kinda really wanting one (a baby that is) lately. Came across your blog today and it just got worse. Congratulations.

Jeanette said...

In the words I heard come out of Samantha's mouth a few days ago, "O...M...G" (for gosh, of course) He is sooooooooooooooooooooooo stinking cute. It is killing me not being able to give him all sorts of snuggles and being able to squish his arms and legs!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he's so cute. No, I really do think he knew what he was getting himself into! ;) Hope you are both doing well!

Kristie K. said...

He is so precious!!!!

Seriously adorable!!! How lucky is he to have such a great mom, to not only take pictures, but stinkin' adorable photos!! I am glad that you are loving motherhood. Keep the cute pictures coming. We can't wait to meet him.

Julie Avery said...

you are such a great photographer! did i even spell that one right? hmm. PLUS your boy is SO SUPER CUTE! Love the hat too. Missing you kristine! Will u be in CA for thanksgiving? I will be with heath's fam...

John and Courtney Houghton said...

He is adorable! I love the little bear ears. :) I was just thinking about our days of learning to do 180's at Canyons, oh my. Being a mom sounds way better.

Kylie said...

Ah! That is the cutest picture ever! That boy is just beautiful.

Laura and Joseph said...

Love it! That hat is adorable and that little wink is priceless!