Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chinese New Years!

Hanging out with Grandpa McNairy

Hanging out with cousin Becca... We opted not to draw a fu-man-chu (SP?) on Marty.. figured it was some sort of child abuse to draw on your child just for laughs...
I know I know, we look great in this picture
Marty was hungry and decided Grandma chin was a good snack!

Wow so much to catch up. I guess I will start with the most recent and work my way backwards. Some of you may know that my birthday is on Valentines Day and I have a birthmark shaped like a heart! Totally Cupid approved. Anyways, I love having my birthday then because it usually falls around presidents day weekend and that usually translates to lots of fun. So our fun filled weekend started with the Annual MahJong Tournament. I won the trophy the first year I ever played but have had horrible luck ever since. It gets quite competitive for the giant Red Dragon trophy... this year was no different. Lady Luck and I are no longer friends. I am sure it's cause I forgot to send a thankyou note for her help 4 years ago.
For those who dont know Mahjong is a tile game played in China and we play with Scotts extended family every Chinese New YEar. WE kick off the day with eggrolls, wantons and crab rangoon and always have Chinese Chiken salad and TONS of treats. Then the tournament begins. We were so happy to have Scott's parents in town for the festivities.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

So fun!!! All the pictures are great! Glad my mom and dad were able to be there. (It's always nice when they want to watch the baby so the parents can play!!) Happy Birthday! So glad you were born so you could marry Scottie and have cute babies (plural cause I'm sure you'll want to make more Marty's)

The Rays said...

i KNEW you guys were chinese!!!! I should have put money on that.

Megan and Mike said...

I didnt know it was your birthday!!! Happy bday girl, what a fun day to celebrate... Martys tie... darling what a cutie and he is sooo good in church... ruthie not so much ha

Miranda said...

Great pictures, great tradition! I didn't know you were a V-Day baby! Me too! And my boyfriend too, haha! We're good ones...happy belated, and I hope to see you guys sometime when you're in CA! Love, Miranda

Bryce L. said...

This is the first year in a long while I haven't been. :( Looks like fun as usual.