So last week was my first week back to work after having the babe. I only work half days and I only had to work 2 days last week and then was off for Thanksgiving. I will be on honest, it really wasn't that bad last week. It was nice to be out of the house and I was home by 12:30, I was thinking, this is great!.
This week however is a whole other story. I came home from work yesterday to find my cute adorable baby asleep. I missed him so much I woke him up to hold him only to find out he smelled like another woman... the baby sitter! . So what you might say? Well it was devastating! It felt as if one of has had been cheating and the cheater was me, the working woman! Scott is home in the morning so it really is only 2 hours that he is with a sitter (who is great btw) but still it's me who is gone for 4 1/2 hours. I was only home with him for about an hour and a half and then had to go back last night. While this is not a normal occurrence I will be honest, it killed me. I guess it just makes me more grateful that I am a mom and that I love being a mom so much, even when I feel like I am going nuts being inside all day. I know its just a half day. I know it will get better right?
Any working mom's out there? How do you/did you do it?? Yargh, and it's only Tuesday
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't mind having other women hold Lily but I HATE it when she smells like someone else, too! I guess we aren't so far removed from birds that won't feed their babies if they smell like something else.
I went back to work when he was 6 weeks old. I won't lie but I loved getting out of the house. Steven is able to stay home while I am at work and then we trade off when he goes to school. I work 4 hours a day as well but it ended up that I did not take very good care of myself and I felt really sick. Tanner was very colicky so it made it hard to learn how to take care of him while being out. I only work 3 days a week now and it is much better. It was hard in the beginning I think because it was a transitional period for all of us. I think because I was not there all the time Tanner got pretty mad. Now we have timed it so when I am at work he is sleeping.
that's so sweet how much you love and miss him. You're an amazing mom - don't let yourself feel any feelings of guilt or anything. He's so lucky to have you guys for parents. And maybe getting out of the house will give you more balance, which equals a healthier/happier mommy, which we all know equals a happier baby. :) I still feel a little bad getting babysitters during my photo shoots, but I keep reminding myself that it's okay that I'm not home with Sydney 24/7. I just try to make the times that we are together more meaningful and special. You're doing great, Kristine!
big hug... :)
So, of course, I TOTALLY know how you feel! It was like that with Jason's mom, who I thought knew my own child better than myself. But, alas, she does NOT know my child better than me. You are the mommy and will ALWAYS be the mommy. Marty knows that. He always will. I love my daughters to death, and I know that they know that. No matter that I have to go to work....it's something we have to do. You will find balance soon enough and you will be successful in it. Give yourself some time. I know that it will be hard for me too going back in the end of January, so I give as many snuggles as possible until then...in which case I will just have to give more snuggles after work to make up for lost time.
Post a Comment