I have been a work widow the last little bit as Scott's company has been switching offices. So Marty and I have been hanging out playing with my new point and shoot camera I got for Christmas Who can resist those buns? So this has been the major project I have been working on. I have wanted a Petunia Pickle Bottoms diaper bag ever since I saw my sister-in-laws but there is no way I can afford one so I thought.. Why not try to make one? It has been so much fun and while there are quite a few flaws I am for the most part really proud of it. It took me a week to make because I had to sew during nap times but it's finally done. The outside fabric I fell in love with last year and Scott bought it for me for Christmas a year ago and I have been saving it for the right project. The interior is leftover from Scott's lining of his Christmas stocking and the interior pockets are from the runners that were used at our wedding. It has magnet closures and a zipper! I m no Martha Stewart but I sure like pretending!
Way to go!!! I do miss my petunia pickle bottom...but at least yours won't shred from the velcro (major design flaw, I think). And Marty looks great in that cool hat! Whoever bought that has great taste!! Hee, hee...:)
hey kristine! i found your blog through jesica reyes blog (hope you don't mind). and i love your diaper bag! i made one in that same style too ;) http://jarenandkathryngilbert.blogspot.com/2009/07/thanks-mingled-yard-for-this-tutorial.html
anyways, congrats on your beautiful family! hope all is well :)
7 comments:
Wow, Stine, I am duly impressed!
I LOVE the bag! I totally thought you bought it! Very cute, and good work :)
thats pretty freakin amazing!! i want one :)
Wow! I love the bag you are sooo talented. Sheri W.
Great idea! and i too would love one, but can't afford it. I will have to store this away.
Great job!!!
Way to go!!! I do miss my petunia pickle bottom...but at least yours won't shred from the velcro (major design flaw, I think). And Marty looks great in that cool hat! Whoever bought that has great taste!! Hee, hee...:)
hey kristine! i found your blog through jesica reyes blog (hope you don't mind). and i love your diaper bag! i made one in that same style too ;) http://jarenandkathryngilbert.blogspot.com/2009/07/thanks-mingled-yard-for-this-tutorial.html
anyways, congrats on your beautiful family! hope all is well :)
-kathryn (judd) gilbert
http://jarenandkathryngilbert.blogspot.com
Post a Comment