
Monday Scott and I and our good friends the Megehee's went to the Sundance film festival to try to catch a movie and see some famous people. I must admit, I am addicted to people.com but I didn't think I would end up star struck. I hate that we pay the paparazzi to follow people around. So I get there and what happens? I see the paparazzi in all their glory outside a shop and I jump in with them!! I was so one of them and it was kind of a rush. I didn't have my camera with me, (ironic I know) but I was able to see Kelly Preston, Glen Close, John Legend, possibly Paris Hilton, and the some of the people from Dog town and Z boys. I am so embarrassed I let myself get sucked in. Oh well, it was fun and I still have a distaste for the paparazzi, I just have been in a small town too long.
As to the film we saw, it was great. I am not very "green" minded but we saw a documentary on the oil companies and about bio fuel. It wasn't too preachy and made me want a gas friendly vehicle ( goodbye dreams of the X-terra) The director and actors where there and it was pretty neat. After driving in practically a blizzard and leaving way to early in the morning to guarantee a seat, I would still say it was a blast! Thanks Alicia and Mark for going with us!
*I think instead of young at heart maybe I am an old lady trapped in a younger body... I REALLY wanted to see a documentary on this senior citizen group that sings the clash and other awesome, not quite fitting music... Maybe next year I get my way. ( there was also a whole film on a guy that plays air drums! hahah I could have spent the week here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment